November 10&11 9.00am to 2pm on both days
Are you a high school student over 15yrs? Or are you a post high school student confused about what course to take? Or even a college student unsure of whether you too the right course? Then you need to attend the 4th edition Career guidance Workshop. It will
- Help you learn about your personal strengths, natural abilities & values
- Identify your inborn areas of interests
- Make informed decisions on correct careers, correct subjects to pursue, correct courses.
When: November 10&11 9.00am to 2pm on both days
Where: All Saints Cathedral Conference facilities
Fee: Ksh10,000 (inclusive of career test, training, portfolios & snacks)
APRIL 14th & 15th 2016 CAREER WORKSHOP
Career guidance is a major issue for many Kenyan students and families. Many parents and teachers report that helping learners select a career is a pressing concern. Knowing ones interest is very important as it allows the person to make an informed career decision and to choose work that is enjoyable for them. Studies demonstrate that individuals whose interest matches with their career are more successful, comfortable and confident. They are more efficient in their work and display higher levels of motivation and satisfaction with their work.
The workshop primarily targets high school students who need career guidance assistance, ex-candidates who just completed the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations and are at career crossroads, pre-college and university students, and those in college/university struggling to select courses.
The workshop aims at helping participants in better understanding their occupational interests and characteristics through self-exploration activities and career interest assessments, so that they make more informed decisions about their careers.
The core objectives are to assist participants in:
- Achieving self awareness and strengthening their self identity.
- Clarifying career choices that match their areas of interest.
- Increasing career options through exploration of various career alternatives.
- Identifying factors to consider when selecting institutions for higher learning.
- Understanding how to go about subject and course selection in high school and university.
- Completion of an online career assessment.
- A report on the career assessment that lists occupations that in order of most to least suitable.
- A copy of the Careerpedia Plan Your Future workbook which is a practical interactive took kit for career planning.
- A portfolio with in-class exercises to engage and guide students in planning their careers.
Thursday April 14th and Friday April 15th 2016 from 9:00am to 2:00pm
Venue:All saints Cathedral, Valley Road
Kes. 10,000/- (includes cost of workshop facilitation, venue, materials, career assessment, interpretation, individual portfolio’s)
Kindly call Carol Kamene on 0722-972188 to book your space. Discounts are available for groups of 5 or more.